Why Build This Project?
The 2x4 Clothes Rack is useful and practical. It’s designed to conveniently hang a large number of clothes in an informal location like a garage or storage room. It’s constructed using inexpensive 2x4s, one 2x6, plus two standard closet rods and four swivel casters.
Your total investment will be about $100.
Important Design Features of the 2x4 Clothes Rack
- Good project for an intermediate woodworker
- Rides on casters
- Each standard closet rod is 72” long
- The higher rod is about 65” off of the floor
- The lower rod is 8” lower
- The two closet rods have a horizontal separation of 24.5”
- Much of the construction is done using heavy duty pocket screws
- The assembly weighs about 50 pounds
- No finish is needed since it's a utilitarian project—but that's up to you
More Pictures of the 2x4 Clothes Rack
Download the Free Plans, Pictures, and Instructions
The ZIP file contains Instruction file "INSTRUCTIONS_2x4_Clothes_Rack.pdf", pictures, SketchUp design file "Clothes_Rack_11.skp", and PDF design file "Clothes_Rack_11.pdf". The PDF file contains all of the drawings and dimensional information that are in the SKP file for those who don't use SketchUp: